Apply to the Minor
The spring quarter application deadline is Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
Prospective applicants should attend an Entrepreneurship Minor information session on one of the following dates before submitting an application. Anyone interested in the minor is welcome to attend; RSVPs are not necessary. Because students are only afforded ONE opportunity to apply for the minor, it is important to attend an information session to learn when to apply and what makes a strong application.
Spring 2018 Information Sessions
- Tuesday, April 10, 12:30 pm in 193 Humanities, Department of English
- Wednesday, April 11, 5:00 pm in 2320 Life Sciences Building
- Thursday, April 12, 2 pm in The Alper Room, Bunche 2265, Department of Economics
- Monday, April 16, 3 pm in 193 Humanities, Department of English
- Tuesday, April 17, 5 pm in 203 Covel Commons, Startup UCLA and Blackstone Launchpad
- Wednesday, April 18, 1pm in 193 Humanities, Department of English
- Thursday, April 19, 2 pm in The Alper Room, Bunche 2265, Department of Economics
The minor student advisor, Janel Munguia, is available via UCLA Message Center.
To apply for the minor, students must:
- Have an overall grade-point average of 3.0 or better.
- Have completed 3 to 5 upper division courses at UCLA.
- Submit an unofficial UCLA transcript (available to order via MyUCLA).
- Submit a current one-page resume, properly formatted. (A sample resume is provided once you access the on-line application, or attend a UCLA Career Center Resume Workshop or Resume Day event
- Complete a 500-word or less application essay describing how the minor enhances their major and career goals
- Complete the application to the minor. (The application opens when you click the link below. Be sure to have your current resume and essay in Word or pdf format, and electronic unofficial transcript ready to upload before you begin the on-line application.)
to complete the Entrepreneurship Minor application.
Please DO NOT
submit multiple applications. Only COMPLETE
applications will be considered. It is unacceptable to submit an application or resume that indicates you have already been accepted into the Minor in Entrepreneurship. (Would you submit a resume to a prospective employer indicating that you have already held the same position at the company to which you are applying?)